Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco's On Ice

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 11:10 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Disco's On Ice

I know this is not the proper section to post this on, but, hey, it has to do with Disco's.

Last Friday, AK Rover, my dentist and I went to Georgetown Colorado for the last weekend of the Our Gang Jeep sponsored ice races. Mine is the silver D2, AK's is the green D1 without a rack and the other green D1 is my dentist.

If you have never done this, you have to try it.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...f-966d30a6fdc6

Old 03-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks fun!!, I assume that was a frozen lake ?

Old 03-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha thats awesome and something i will probably never get to do... it doesnt get very cold down here... that must have been some pretty thick ice to hold up 6000 pound rovers and an H2...

Old 03-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like hella fun. I like that Lift Disco Mike!

Old 03-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Had something like that a couple of years ago in an ice storm here. It wasn't that fun because every road was like that and you had to dodge trees falling. Emergency vehicles were the only things I saw besides the people I pulled out. I took my wife and taught her how to correct for sliding and oversteer. Should have taken her RWD Caddy. The rover didn't slide much...

Old 03-03-2009, 01:10 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks awesome mike!
I would love to do that one day.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by okdiscoguy
Had something like that a couple of years ago in an ice storm here. It wasn't that fun because every road was like that and you had to dodge trees falling. Emergency vehicles were the only things I saw besides the people I pulled out. I took my wife and taught her how to correct for sliding and oversteer. Should have taken her RWD Caddy. The rover didn't slide much...
I understand about dodging trees, the only thing that nearly had to dodge was that silly Hummer that though it would come and play ate the same time.
There were times on the ice that we would easily hit 60 MPH plus before throwing it into a spin, even got my rev limiter to come on a couple of times.
I really liked the move AK was able to do using his CDL only, talk about spinning little donuts, being locked up I had a whole different set of moves.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
I understand about dodging trees, the only thing that nearly had to dodge was that silly Hummer that though it would come and play ate the same time.
There were times on the ice that we would easily hit 60 MPH plus before throwing it into a spin, even got my rev limiter to come on a couple of times.
I really liked the move AK was able to do using his CDL only, talk about spinning little donuts, being locked up I had a whole different set of moves.
I would be scared to death of hitting a rough spot or a catch somewhere and rolling it over.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Urban Panzer
Looks fun!!, I assume that was a frozen lake ?
Yes, it is/ or was a frozen lake, on that day the lake had 17"s of ice. I heard after 2 more days of racing there were some water holes starting to show up, glad I went when I did.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:01 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

We definitely have to do that again next year.

Quick Reply: Disco's On Ice